Marula Oil | Pure & Cold Pressed | Organic
Light anti-aging treatment oil
- Antioxidant rich
- Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Anti-aging essential fatty acids
- Rejuvenating, moisturizing
- Light-weight absorption
- Pure and unrefined; smoky / nutty / salty natural scent
| Skin | Marula oil is a light-weight “super” anti-aging oil with a luxurious almost gossamer texture when applied. Full of natural antioxidants, it has exceptional hydrating and smoothing qualities, improving skin tone and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The oil nourishes skin and enhances elasticity while being quickly absorbed and leaving behind no greasy residue. Suitable for all skin types.
| Hair | Especially beneficial for thick or coarse hair Marula oil can be used to smooth and shine or tame split ends.
| Nails | A gentle moisturizing treatment, restores nail strength and conditions cuticles.
Natural antioxidants help defend against free radical damage caused by external environmental stressors. High in both oleic and linoleic fatty acid content Marula also has mild anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. (1) (2) Topically applied it has been proven to moisturize, preserve, hydrate and heal skin.
In comparison to other seed oils Marula performed significantly well in skin hydration, increasing smoothness and transepidermal water loss. (3) Marula is an exceptionally stable unsaponifiable oil.
(1) South African Journal of Botany. Vol. 77 Issue 4. October 2011. Pages 920-933. African Seed Oils of Commercial Importance – Cosmetic Applications. I Vermaak et al.
(2) African Natural Plant Products Vol II Discoveries and challenges in Chemistry, Health, and Nutrition. ISBN13 9780841228047. Marula (Sclerocarya birrea (A. Rich) Hochst): A Review of Traditional Uses, Phytochemistry, and Pharmacology. Gerhard Prinsloo, Renee A Street.
(3) Southern African Forestry Journal No 196 November 2002. Knowledge on Sclerocarya birrea Subsp. Caffra with emphasis on its importance as a non-timber forest product in South and southern Africa: A Summary. Rachel Wynberg, Jill Cribbins, Roger Leakey, Cyril Lombard, Myles Mander, Sheona Shackleton, Caroline Sullivan.
How to Use
| Skin | Ensure skin is clean and dry before application. The oil can be used either on its own by applying 1 - 3 drops on the required area or, if preferred, blended with your favorite moisturizer or cream.
It is also used to soften cuticles, moisturize dry patches on elbows and knees, improve the appearance of scar tissue and as a general massage oil. Unlike many other formulations Marula Oil can provide relief to dry, chapped hands.
| Hair | As a hair preparation to tame thick flyaway hair or smooth split ends: put 1 - 3 drops in the palms of your hands before smoothing over the hair or ends to add shine and luster. Marula Oil is especially suited to thick and coarse hair.
| Storage | Because this product is 100% pure and contains no artificial preservatives it should be used within 6 months of opening to maximize efficacy of natural ingredients.
This oil is packaged in a glass amber bottle to preserve the integrity of the contents. Please store in a cool, dry place away from light.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. As with all skin products, we recommend a 1 drop patch test on your arm 24 hours before first use.
Organic Marula (Sclerocarya Birrea) Oil, Non-GMO Gluten-Free Tocopherol.
This is a natural, unrefined product free of parabens, sulfates and phthalates (fragrance or parfum). The oil has a very faint natural scent (smoky / nutty / salty) which dissipates quickly. It has not been treated with heat to “deodorize it” as this would detract from its efficacy for your skin. It has not been diluted to ensure potency is retained.
| Cultivation | Seeds of the Marula tree are hand harvested before being cold-pressed. Responsibly sourced from South Africa, where the tree is so revered it has spiritual status.
Contains no glutens, essential oils, fragrances or colorants.
This product is organically sourced, suitable for vegans and is certified cruelty free.
Produced in small batches.