"Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty." - Doris Day
Our favorite holiday is finally here; hello to all from an unseasonably chilly Brooklyn. Here is our Thankful List for today; what's yours?
1. We are so thankful as a small brand we have the chance to connect with real people and have real conversations about their skin. We have never taken a single one of you for granted. Is there a way for you to feel this virtual hug as intensely as we are sending it?
2. We are so lucky to have great family and friends in our lives. Probably this part of gratitude is the easy part, where you see loving faces around you on this special day.
3. We are so thankful for our gratitude daily practice, that effort we take in the morning before the day starts to try to connect with our real selves and the positivity and spirit of the universe.
4. We are so thankful for our commitment to encounter different people and different viewpoints from a place of love, and the assumption of goodwill on their part. Sometimes this is trying, but we have never failed with this approach.
5. We are so thankful for our failures. As Ryan Holiday wrote in The Obstacle is the Way, "Your plan and the way things turn out rarely resemble each other." It is pushing through and learning through our failures that we emerge stronger and readier to do good in the world.
Happy Thanksgiving from Dumbo! Lots of love...
Ko & Humble